Sarah SaysSarah SaysSarah SaysSarah SaysSarah Says

Thursday, August 18, 2011

on the eve of the day of my birth...

Tomorrow I will be 28 years old. I should really thank my parents, ya know? I was just thinking about birthdays past and realized something that I had never even noticed before, at least not conciously. Maybe you all do this as well? Every year on my birthday I make some declaration for the forthcoming year. I can't remember all of them, but I know I've done it for at least the last 10 years. Before I tell you what my declaration is for this year, let me tell you about the one that sticks out in my mind the most-

The year I turned 24 I made the declaration that this would be the year for change, BIG change. I didn't know what kind of change, but change would be happening in my 24th year. While half the year ticked by and nothing changed I began to wonder what I was imagining when I made that declaration. Then it happened. Just 4 months shy of turning 25 (and I whole new declaration!) change happened so fast it made my head spin and my world was never the same again. I met my future husband. Talk about change, eh? Then I was 25, and I have no idea what my big declaration was that year, or 26 or 27, for that matter. I wonder if they came true?

Now just a day shy of 28, and you want to know what my big declaration is for this year? To start an anti-aging regimen and stick with it. My inner feminist weeps.

0 comments: