Sarah SaysSarah SaysSarah SaysSarah SaysSarah Says

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I heart Giada

There are so many reasons I love Giada De Laurentiis. Just one reason is that she always helps me cook up some yummy & easy Italian dishes. This is one of my favorite dishes I make, speaking of which - I really need to make it again. It's warm, comforting, & yummy. Anyways... last night Giada helped me out, again! Yay!

This recipe is going to be hard to link you all to because it's on the Target website, in this section. Just click on "recipes" and you'll find it.

Last night I made her Baked Gnocchi. It was sooo delicious. Even my hubby who didn't think he liked gnocchi, loved it. Here's the recipe:

Baked Gnocchi (courtesy Giada De Laurentiis & Target)

  • 1 - 17 oz. package potato gnocchi
  • 1.5 cups heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup chicken stock
  • 2 tbls. a-p flour
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
  • 6 oz. baby spinach (I used fresh)
  • 1.5 oz. goat cheese (I used a 5 oz. package of crumbled goat cheese & used all of it. We love cheese.)
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook gnocchi according to package direction, drain. Place gnocchi in lightly greased baking dish. (I used the square 8" dish.)

In a medium sauce pan whisk together cream, broth/stock, & flour over medium heat. Continue to whisk for 5 minutes or until the sauce is simmering and thickened. Stir in the salt, pepper & nutmeg. Add the spinach and stir until it's all coated in the sauce. Pour the mixture over gnocchi making sure it's evenly spread out and the gnocchi is covered. Crumble the goat cheese over top, and then finish with the Parmesan cheese. Bake until the top is golden brown & bubbly, or 10 minutes. (I actually cooked ours for 15 minutes to get the desired brownness.)

This dish was nothing short of delicious. Surprisingly it really does have a mac & cheese feel to it, but better. Way better.

0 comments: