Sarah SaysSarah SaysSarah SaysSarah SaysSarah Says

Thursday, May 6, 2010

thankful for bananas

I think I'll jump on the Thankful on Thursday bandwagon...

 Right now I am so Thankful for:

- a husband that loves me
- over-ripe bananas that can be made into yumminess
- waking up to sunshine in the morning! because is anything worse than waking up when it's still dark outside?
- my The Office desk calendar. This thing is so worth the $$. I have a nice little chuckle most days before I start working.
- Gold Bond Ultimate Hand Sanitizer Moisturizer. I work in an office, not with with the public or kids, but germs are always a concern. Between bathrooms, keyboards, shared copy/fax machines, office refrigerator door handles, microwave, etc. it's nice to have a hand sanitizer that's also a lotion. I guess some people complained that it smells like oatmeal. I don't have a problem with that, it's not like I'm trying to seduce anyone at work.
- Laser printers
- my mama  Awww...

That's right people! Mother's Day is in just a few days. Have you all ordered flowers for The One That Gave You Life? Get on it! What are you waiting for? I really love my mom, she's one of my best friends, & yet every year I think "Why do I only take one day a year to let her know how special she is?" That's something I really need to work on.

I don't know how many of you shop at Costco or Sam's Club... we shop at Sam's Club almost exclusively. Seriously - ever since The Heaven's opened up and Sam's started selling gallons of milk individually - I haven't been to the regular grocery store in a month at least. So we shop in bulk & bargains. One of those bargains are the bananas. It's like $1.32 for a bunch of bananas, and I think the one we picked up had about 10 giant bananas on there. It's like a too good to pass up deal right there. Unfortunately neither one of us loves bananas that much, so now we have 6 super over ripened bananas on our counter. I've been searching for banana recipes so I can use them up, and I wanted something other than banana bread of muffins.

So I came across this recipe and decided to make them. I liked this recipe because it didn't call for shortening... I loathe shortening. Anyways... so I make these cookies. And they're pretty darn tasty - but they are not cookies. Don't be fooled. These are delicious little "banana cakes" if you will. They are sort of flat (although they do puff up when baking) and small like cookies, but they have the consistency of cake. I'm not complaining - I'm just saying. They were good. Really quite good. If you make them just make sure your bananas are good & ripe so the natural banana flavor shines through the cinnamon.

Oh, and... you should have seen the look of horror when I told Ted I was going to make banana cookies. It was pretty funny & even he said they were good after he tried one. Or he was being nice. Whatever, I liked them.

Does anyone have an actual cookie recipe that includes bananas? I still have 4 more sitting there in need of a high calorie home.

0 comments: