Sarah SaysSarah SaysSarah SaysSarah SaysSarah Says

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mrs!

We are home from Cancun and officially hitched! Cancun was amazing, gorgeous, refreshing, invigorating, romantic, and cold. :) Hehe. It was a tad cooler than I expected, but the weather on the wedding day was perfection. Leaving Cancun was bittersweet. On one hand, I am always happy to get home. On the other hand, I was genuinely sad to leave Cancun. I felt like we could have stayed another week and that would have been perfect. I just loved being there, hanging out, nowhere to be, no schedules or dogs to look after (not that I don't love our dogs! it was just a nice break). Just not a care in the world.

Bliss = being in paradise with your nearest & dearest, enjoying simple moments of happiness brought about through conversations, buckets of beers, and laughter.

I'm glad to be home, I always miss the familiarity of my own pillow - especially since I hate down pillows, and that is the only kind our resort used. I had to stack up like four of them to feel supported, hahaha. Poor Ted was left with one pillow because I kept stealing them.

We went to Chichen Itza... it was amazing. Seeing as it is one of the Seven Wonders of the World, that seems normal. It should be amazing, and it was. It's crazy to stand next to these structures that have been around for centuries. More time than my mind can fully comprehend. It's amazing that they are still standing. You can't climb them anymore, which is sort of a bummer. I didn't actually want to climb it, but maybe sit at the foot of El Castillo, wander up half way and imagine what it may have looked like to the Mayan people.

Now I am enjoying snuggle time with my husband and our pooped out puppies. :) Life is great.

 

p.s.: I have to take a moment to mention the struggles & grief that the people of Haiti must be experiencing right now. My heart goes out to them. I hope that aide & comfort find every person in need and they can begin to rebuild their lives stronger than before this tragedy.

0 comments: