Sarah SaysSarah SaysSarah SaysSarah SaysSarah Says

Monday, December 21, 2009

Day 1

Today is Day 1 of "Oh shit I can't believe I chose a wedding date so soon after the holidays! I love holiday food and have zero self-control!" So I'm having Special K for lunch. :( :) That is both a happy & sad for me. I love cereal, and I really think Special K with Red Berries is delicious, but on the other hand I'm sad because I like having a REAL lunch + I know my workout today will suffer because I'm not eating enough protein. I may not be making the best choices right now, but honestly it comes down to - my dress HAS to fit, and I want to feel good in it. I can't go falling off the wagon into a giant bowl of creamy, buttery mashed potatoes smothered in gravy. Plus, looking at my calendar, I realized that I will hardly get to work out the week before we leave. That is no good! I belong to a private gym, not an LA Fitness or 24 Hour, so I can't just go work out anytime. And... unfortunately - yes - I am the person who needs someone to work out with. After Christmas there are only 3 days I can go work out, because of New Years & weekends when the gym isn't open. Oh good grief!! I really put myself in a pickle with this one. This may be a good time to start practicing self control :)

I am really happy the holidays are here. I have so much to be thankful for this year. My family is healthy, I'm healthy, I'm marrying my best friend in just a few short weeks, it's in our first home together, our puppies are healthy & loving, I still have a job, my nephew is the cutest thing ever & I get to watch him open presents this year!!, and I'm gaining a new family full of amazing people.

0 comments: