Sarah SaysSarah SaysSarah SaysSarah SaysSarah Says

Monday, August 16, 2010

Oregon

Mt. Shasta (so not technically Or. but we did see drive right through on the way up)

At breakfast with Gram

Lake near the town where Gram lives

fun at the Scandinavian Festival

self explanatory

dinner with my aunt & uncle
I spent last week in Oregon visiting my grandma, and aunt & uncle. My mom, brother, brothers girlfriend, and I road tripped it and saw some gorgeous scenery along the way (mainly once you hit NorCal and Or.). It had been about 4 years since we'd been up there, and I really had forgotten just how gorgeous Oregon is. It's amazing, and I just forget since I really do live in a concrete jungle. We did lots of visiting, around-the-house chores for my grandma, LOTS of eating. Good grief, I never thought I would be so happy to get home and resume a normal eating schedule again. It was a last minute trip & unfortunately Ted and my dad couldn't make it. This was the first trip one of us has made without the other since we've been married. We've only been married about 7 months, but it was still weird. Ted just kept saying "I did live on my own before, you know." haha. We all survived, and I'm so glad we were able to make this trip. It's nice to get away and remember that things aren't all "go, go, go, & get out of my way" everywhere.

Just as a side note - we did stop in Redding, CA to spend the night on Monday and then hit the road early on Tuesday for the last 4-5 hours until we reached our destination. Well somehow my brother remembered this diner that we ate at on another trip up there that was like at least 13 years ago. I have NO idea how he remembered it, but he did and he was obsessed with stopping there for breakfast on Tuesday morning. We were driving through Shasta and saw the sign for it, it's called Black Bear Diner, and after checking out their website I realize they have LOTS of locations. The food was seriously amazing, great service, friendly people. If you're ever in the area I would highly recommend stopping. You won't be sorry.

0 comments: