Sarah SaysSarah SaysSarah SaysSarah SaysSarah Says

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

this one is a keeper!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/06/summer-stir-fry/

I briefly mentioned this one in last weeks Tasty Tuesday post. Well I made it last night for dinner & it was so delicious. SO DELICIOUS. Did I mention it was delicious? No. Oh ok, it was so freaking yummy. I could eat it every. single. day.

I will definitely be making this one again. It's fresh, it's light, it's healthy (yeah there's a little butter, it won't kill you or your diet), and it's so quick to make! It's literally chop & cook. I buy my shrimp ready to go, already deveined. I do not devein shrimp... just like I don't take care of the Avenue de Poo in any other animal I eat. :)

Ted even really liked it. I did feel weird about serving a no-carb meal to my burly husband, but he didn't seem to mind. I'm sure tonight's dinner with scalloped potatoes will make up for it. One of the other things I liked about this recipe is that I don't see why you couldn't make it with scallops, mild white fish, or even chicken... if you wanted to get all fancy you could serve it with some yummy lobstah. Mmmm.... lobster. (note to self: must plan a trip to New England soon) I love recipes where once learned they are more of a method with room to play.

Enjoy!

0 comments: