Sarah SaysSarah SaysSarah SaysSarah SaysSarah Says

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

chocolate chip cookies

The best chocolate chip cookie recipe: Chocolate Chip Cookies 

The best for the following reasons:
- they taste delish - everytime
- they are so simple & quick to whip up - thanks largely to the melting of the butter (read: not having to wait for the butter to be room temp. & the beating and the creaming)
- I made them on Friday and used M&M's because I had no chocolate chips in the house, and they were perfect

In my experience these need 1/4 - 1/2 cup less flour than called for, and they only need to bake for 9 minutes. I like a firm, but slightly under-baked cookie so they are soft & chewy. Yummmm. For the flour, it just depends on how the batter is looking, so I would strongly suggest not dumping the whole amount called for into the mix. I usually pour in 1 cup, then 1/2, then a little more until the desired consistency is reached. I go for a not-too-dry, still sticky, looking batter. Official terminology here people!

So bake, enjoy, share! (or don't, I won't tell.)

1 comments:

Abri said...

I haven't had a good cookie in a long time... I may just have to make some this weekend... :-)