Sarah SaysSarah SaysSarah SaysSarah SaysSarah Says

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

happenings

We will be starting a bathroom renovation in our new home very soon. I'll be updating the good ol' blog with pictures and stories. Hopefully some day I will get to posting some pictures of our general home renovations - mainly all painting related, as we can't really move walls around in a Townhouse. HOA's generally frown on that.

We will also be pouring a new patio slab in the near future (thanks to my very generous dad!). We don't have anything fancy planned for that, just a concrete patio, so hopefully when it rains it will no longer flood our "basement" area. Soooo convenient that the HOA covers everything structural - except the patio slabs. I wonder what they're afraid of? The fact that they are probably ALL leaking?? Perhaps. Whatever, at least I know if my dad fixes it - it will get done right.

Lets see... we also need to paint our dining area in the kitchen. By the time we got to that room we were so over painting, we just couldn't do it. So now we need to finish that project already - seeing as we moved into our house in October '09. :) We will also be renovating our half-bath sometime this year. I am actually really excited about that one. The space is small, but I have some really exciting ideas for it. I feel like we can "splurge" a little on that one, since it's so small. We can afford to go with some nice flooring because it's such a small space to cover. We'll see what happens.

On Sunday we had our wedding reception. Since we got married in Cancun, we had a reception at a later date at home so all of our family & friends could come. It was so fun! I am so glad we did it. We had it at the Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney. The room (Parlor Room) was amazing. It looked so good, and my in-laws provided the flowers - which looked awesome! It was my vision come to life. I will post pictures when we get them from the photographers (who were also awesome!). The staff at Jazz Kitchen were so friendly & helpful, and the food was delicious! I would definitely recommend them for your next event, or just a yummy lunch or dinner.

All in all, life is good. Enjoying being married. :)

0 comments: